Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Family Day

I love when we get the chance for family days.

My husband works at a restaurant and depending on how the schedule works he either works day or night...obviously...but I love when he has days off because we usually do some sort of fun thing as a family.

Yesterday we were thinking about going to the zoo but we decided to do something a little less expensive. There is a grocery store an hour or so away from us called Jungle Jim's. I'm not sure if you've heard of it or if you have one in your area but we love this place. We packed up a lunch for our daughter and grabbed bottles for the baby and we were off.

When you walk in you first see the deli where they have so many kinds of meats and cheeses. They have a section of cheeses from all over the world, labeled so you know where you're getting your cheese from. They have tons of bread (last time we got these big pretzels that lasted for a few days). If you're into drinking they have a big selection of wine, beer and other drinks. I'm sure they have some unique kinds. They have a large produce section with so many kinds of fruits and vegetables you would think you stepped into a farmers market. Then the rest of the store is split up by culture. They also have regular groceries and a section for healthy and natural products. And they have a Starbucks which is always a good thing to me!

We ended up getting some snack foods. My husband found some hot cheeses he wanted to try. I got some gnocchi which is an Italian pasta/potato dumpling. They always look so delicious when I see them made on the Food Network so I'm hoping they taste just as good as they look. My daughter got some chocolate milk and some candy...it was a special occasion for her. And I'm hoping to take my dad there sometime because he likes to cook and I know he would love a place like this.

Who would have thought a grocery store could be fun? We will definitely be going back there and I'm hoping soon!

Family day was a success!

2 comments:

  1. Meredith, sounds like a good choice
    for family day, to have a great
    day one does not need to spend money,
    just being with the ones you love
    makes it a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true Aunt Sandy! We love doing things that don't cost money. :) Have a happy 4th of July!

      Delete