Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Healthy Breakfast

I struggle with what to do for myself for breakfast. I usually eat a breakfast sandwich that I make at home; egg and cheese on a sandwich thin but I'm trying to stay away from bread. My downfalls when it comes to eating healthy is cheese, bread, potatoes and pop...so I'm trying to limit my intake of those as much as possible. I always hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day so I try to make myself something lasting and healthy. I can't just eat a breakfast bar and call it a day because I'm hungry thirty minutes later and if I don't eat breakfast at all then I eat way too much later in the day. I randomly made meal one morning that I actually liked and thought I would share it, if you're like me and you can't always think of something, maybe you can add this to your mornings!

                               Scrambled egg whites with peppers and spices

               

Ingredients:
3 egg whites
1/4 cup of peppers, diced (this may sound like a lot but it isn't much, depends on how fine you dice your peppers)
1/8 cup hot sauce
Spices of your choosing (I used some salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little chili powder)

Directions:
Cook up your pepper, spices and hot sauce until tender
Add egg whites and scramble until done
I topped mine with a little Monterey Jack cheese because, well, I like cheese...I just didn't use as much as I would have in the past.

This definitely has a kick to it so you can add or subtract what you like. This kept me full and at times I use it as a midday snack. I'm working on figuring out more healthy ideas so I will post those when I come up with them and if you have any ideas for breakfast let me know, I'm always up for trying new things! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment