Thursday, October 24, 2013

4 Years

It has been 4 years today since I said I Do to this man and I can't believe how far we've come.



Our story is kind of long but I won't bore you with details. We met at a youth retreat when our youth pastors introduced us to each other. We talked all weekend when we could, then talked on the phone quite a bit when we got home. He told me after two weeks that he wanted to marry me. In fact he told his mother, I'm going to marry that girl. Well...I was only 21 and that pretty much freaked me out. I ran. Fast forward a few more years and a few more tries at dating him and by the fourth time it finally stuck! He proposed to me a few days before Christmas at an ice skating rink in front of some of our friends. My parents were off to the side hiding so they got to see it as well. It was a sweet engagement that I almost ruined but I'm glad he kept going. I said yes! We planned our wedding and on October 24, 2009 we were husband and wife! It was a fun wedding but I will be honest...I should have eloped! I don't make the quickest decisions so trying to make decisions for a wedding were tough...and there was stress of course but I'm glad I had a wedding where all our friends and family could be there for us. It was very beautiful! We never did get to go on a honeymoon because we got married while he was still in nursing school so I told him he needs to plan something for our five year. We did take a week and shop for new things for our first apartment. That was fun!

I am not a perfect wife and he's not a perfect husband. We've had our share of arguments but I love that no matter what it is we fight about we end up working things out. We are both stubborn, we can be selfish at times and we sometimes say the wrong things but I honestly wouldn't change any of that because it's helping to grow us and helping our marriage to grow. 

am proud of him and what he has done for our family. I'm now able to stay home with our kids because he went to school and got a great job. He's a wonderful man of God. He prays for our family, prays with our daughter when she goes to sleep and I know he has a servants heart and he is always willing to give to others. I love him and love how he interacts with our kids. I love how he can make me laugh. I love that he still gives me butterflies when he gives me hugs. I love the way he looks at me no matter what I look like. I just love him! 

I don't tell him nearly enough so I'm making a promise, with this anniversary and from now on, I will let him know. I won't let a day go by without telling him I love him and letting him know know daily how much I appreciate him. 

So here we are...four years after getting married...we have two beautiful children and a marriage I'm proud of. I can't wait for more years to come...especially next year when we hopefully have our long awaited honeymoon! :-)

I love you!

                                   





No comments:

Post a Comment