Thursday, September 12, 2013

Love & Respect

I wanted to do a devotional with my husband and wanted to spend some time talking with him about it and praying so I asked my Facebook friends what they recommended and at the time I said I didn't want to do Love Dares or Love & Respect because those are very popular. I got some great recommendations but I think we are actually going to read Love & Respect. I already own it and with us working on our Dave Ramsey budget I didn't think we should go out and buy something when we already have a good book at home.

I've actually read about half of Love & Respect and as I was reading it I kept thinking this is so true! The main point the writers want to get across is that there is a crazy cycle couples go through. The woman wants love and doesn't feel she is getting it so she reacts by not respecting her husband and the man wants respect and isn't getting it so he reacts by not being loving; it's this whole cycle that just keeps going.

I usually recommend this book to couples who are newly married or engaged. It helps you see how a man thinks and how a woman thinks and how we have different needs and how to meet those needs.

I can't wait to start reading this with my husband. I know I got a lot out of what little I started reading and know he will like it too. It will be good to spend some time together, not only will we work on learning things about ourselves but we will be working on ways to strengthen our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment