Thursday, September 19, 2013

DIY Bathtub Cleaner

I was looking on Pinterest one day for an upholstery cleaner that would clean some stains I had on the seats in my car. I came across this DIY recipe and used it. Well, it didn't really work. It worked OK on superficial stains but the set in stains were still there, plus my car had a wonderful vinegar smell for a week. I wasn't impressed. I put the stuff aside and decided to look for something else thinking I had just wasted my money but with some more looking I found the same recipe was used for cleaning the bathtub. I thought, why not give it a try...and let me tell you, it's amazing!! I've tried to get on a cleaning schedule through out the week and clean the bathroom at least once...and I mean give it a really good cleaning. I sprayed the cleaner all over the stains, if you will, and let it sit for a few minutes and took a scrub brush to it. I wish I had taken before and after pictures because it works really well. Here is the recipe...


1 cup Dawn blue dish soap

1 cup white vinegar

1 cup club soda

That's it! Shake it a little so everything mixes together and start using it! Don't forget to get something to scrub with because that's what will help lift the stains and dirt off and unless you clean your bathtub a couple times a day this will last a pretty long time. I've had this bottle since April.

**Here is a before and after picture I just took yesterday (2/11/14) of the corner of the tub. 

This is what I call a Pinterest win! Just not for upholstery...(and I'm still looking for a cleaner for that).

No comments:

Post a Comment