Monday, August 19, 2013

Daily Makeup

I'm not a make up artist and I didn't go to school for it but I love make up and love trying new things.

I thought I would share what I use on a daily basis. As a mom it can be tough to shower or get ready for the day but I found that if I'm up before the kids I have a chance to get myself ready and I feel better during the day. I haven't been doing very good at this during the summer but with school starting up and my family getting back into a routine I plan on using these make up tools daily.

Here is a picture of what I use. It looks like a lot but I will explain how I use each item.


1. Avon Magix Face Perfector. This works great on days that I want my make up to stay on. I mean, I want my make up to stay on every day but this helps in humid weather. I don't use it every day but if I'm going out I usually wear it. It helps keep my make up flawless.

2. Clinique Even Better foundation. This foundation does exactly what it says it does. I've talked about it in one of my "favorites" blogs and I love wearing this. It corrects and evens out my skin and it goes on so weightlessly. I love that I don't feel like I'm wearing a ton of make up and it's not caked on.

3. I put my eye shadow on next and I use either one of these ELF eye shadow compacts or my Naked 2 palette. I really only use that if I'm going out somewhere. I always wear a neutral eye but if I'm going out I will do a darker smokey eye.

4. I love mascara! I just got this Maybelline mascara. Illegal Lengths. So far I like it. I wear two mascaras because I like getting length and volume. So I also wear falsies mascara by Maybelline. Wearing both makes my lashes pop and I like that the mascara doesn't get clumpy and it comes off easily when I wash my face. I like to apply a couple coats of each and I like that it looks like I'm wearing fake eyelashes but I'm not because I struggle to put those on...one day I am going to get it right but for now my mascaras work great.

5. I sometimes use an eye lash curler, only if I'm looking for more dramatic eyes.

6. I use Benefit's erase paste to cover up dark circles under my eyes and around my nose. This stuff is great!

7. I use Rimmel's Stay Matte powder to finish off my look. I love this also because it takes away any shine my face may have and it stays on most of the day.

8. I don't use it every day but I sometimes use my ELF bronzer to give my face some color.

9. I have three brushes I use. I use my Avon foundation brush, my Avon eye shadow brush that has three brushes in one and my ELF powder brush to put the powder and bronzer on.

10. I will sometimes put a lip gloss on or chapstick...again, depends on what I'm doing for the day. I am not a huge fan of lipstick...mainly because I find it hard to find a color that looks good on me. I have a nude color and a bright coral color that I will mix together to give a color that works on me but for the most part I hate buying a lipstick and then it looks awful on me...I haven't had much luck in that department so I tend to stick to glosses or chapsticks. I have found a few lipstains I like but again those can be tough as well. More power to the lipstick wearers out there! I wish I knew your secret!

My make up is pretty basic. I can put it on in 15 minutes or less. I do use a brown liner to fill in my eyebrows at times but not all the time. That liner I have in the picture is very old and I can't see who it's by...just find something that matches your color and go with it!

I have very light skin so most of my make up is fair to light. The only thing with some color is the bronzer.

There's my daily make up! If you have any questions about any of the make up let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment