Monday, June 3, 2013

Daily Devotions

I've set a lot of goals for myself now that I'm staying home with my kids. I've actually kept up with some and I'm pretty proud. I usually get ideas in my head and they stay there...no action is ever taken. I'm tired of doing that actually...I wish I followed through more. One goal I wish I had followed through on was keeping up with my daily devotions. I've never been afraid to tell anyone I'm not that great at doing devotions or reading my Bible. It's sad actually. I can read a 400+ page book in half a day if I have the time but I can't take the time to read my daily Bible. I feel devotions affect many aspects of my life. 

I love singing and I love helping with the worship at church. Our youth group has reinvented itself if you will and has started doing live worship again. It's something I really want to be a part of because worship is a passion of mine. One thing I would love to do is lead worship or at least lead out a few Sunday nights but I've never been good at speaking in front of crowds...I'm also not that greatest at speaking what God has given me to say and I feel that's because of a lack of a devotional life. If I'm not daily spending time with God how can He speak into my life? If that's not happening I surely can't speak into other people's lives. I've taken some time away from worship at church because of my baby and I really plan on getting back into the word. I want more than anything to hear from God so I can give those words to others. I feel like this goal is the best goal of all. Sure, taking care of my body and getting healthy, keeping the house clean, working with my daughter on potty training and such are important but what it all comes down to is what I did with my time here on earth for God. It's about time I get into the word more and let Him use me. 

I'm also going to get back into my devotional Jesus Calling but are there any books out there that speak to you? As busy moms that may read this blog, how do you handle doing devotions and keeping up with your daily tasks? Even if you're not a mom and you are just busy...how do you do it? Share with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment