Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Potty Time!

I am not a fan of potty training but we all know it needs to be done. In February I actually took a week off to jump start my daughter into potty training and I got completely overwhelmed and ended up not really doing much with her for the week. I think I put too much pressure on her and myself. I wanted her to be potty trained by the time the baby got here but I finally told myself to calm down and take it one day at a time. 

Up until about a week ago she was still having accidents, I was afraid to take her out in panties and she never really told me she had to go. Now all the sudden she's telling me she needs to go, staying dry when I take her out, even holding it until we get home. She still has the occasional accident and we are now working on staying dry during nap time...we haven't tried bedtime yet but that will come. 

I'm so proud of her. She's really taken to the whole idea of potty time. She's even going without me and of course when she goes poo she doesn't want you to watch which I don't blame her, who wants someone watching them go poo? No matter what my little girl is growing up and all that worry and pressure I was putting on her and me was for nothing. 

When they say kids will just get it, it's true. One day she didn't care and now she is getting so good at it. Advice: just take it a day at a time, try to keep calm if there are accidents and be proud and excited when they do go! It's an exciting time in their little lives. My daughter drags us into the bathroom to see that she's pooed because she is so excited, it's adorable...who would have thought..poo, adorable...it's the little things in life, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment