Saturday, May 25, 2013

May Favorites!

I've been thinking lately about some favorite things I use and I wanted to share them on my blog. I've seen a lot of people do videos about favorites or blog posts so I thought why not! Here are a few items I'm loving right now. They range from beauty items, baby items, apps...a little mix of everything.

Hope in a Jar by Philosophy
This stuff has worked wonders on my face! It is a little pricey, $40 but I think it's worth every penny. I was nervous about using it because I've always heard never to mix facial products (I wash my face with an Olay face wash) and whether or not that's true I'll never know but what I do know is that for me that rumor isn't true. I wash my face then put on an under eye cream and lastly use the hope in a jar. It's the right amount of moisture my face needs. My t-zone is usually very dry so whenever I would put an all over foundation on my face it would flake off in those areas and that got old. So I got a sample of hope in a jar and started using it. I noticed a difference within a week. My skin felt smoother, my t-zone had just enough oil in it to keep it moisturized through out the day and it went on really light so I didn't feel like I was wearing a heavy lotion on my face. I love it! The sample has actually lasted me a few months so when it's gone I will be out right away buying a new jar!

Clinique Even Better Foundation

I've used this only a few times but enough to know that it makes a difference in the way my skin looks. The point of this foundation is that over time it makes your skin "even better." The more you wear it the less you will eventually need to wear it. I actually don't wear foundation a lot anyway so I'm not sure if that benefit will ever help me but when I've worn it I've noticed how it covers red areas on my face really well and how it doesn't make my face look caked with make up. It goes on light and stays on. Like I said, I don't wear foundation every day but every time I put this on I wonder why I don't use it every day, it's great!

Erase Paste by Benefit
I use this concealer under my eyes and on any spots I may have and it works amazing. Most days this is all I use on my face and I love the way it works. I also love that I don't have to use much to get the coverage I want and I feel like the little jar of it I have will last me a long time. I don't have a ton to say about this except that I heard it was good and I bought it and I'm really glad I did!

Moby Wrap

This picture was taken offline...no, it's not me. Anyway, this thing is amazing and I'm sure any mom that has one out there can testify to that! I went for a walk tonight and had my son all wrapped up in it and it was great. I got my walk in, he slept and we were both happy. I had a couple come up to me when we were leaving and asked me about it. I told them it's $50 but totally worth it. I'm able to get things done around the house, I'm able to pay attention to my daughter, go on walks, it helps if he gets cranky, it just works! I told the couple I highly recommend they get one because it makes things easier. It does get a little warm but I don't think it's unbearable.

MyFitnessPal App

I am loving this app! I've had it for years but I'm finally using it. I can honestly say I've used it for a week straight. Counting calories and remembering to put them in can be tough but this app is great. It has a bar code scanner so you can scan whatever you may be eating if you can't find it but they do have a lot to choose from. I went to Sake for lunch today and they actually had my meal in there and I was able to record what I ate and the calories I had. I'm not allowed to exercise for another few weeks so I figured I would keep track of my calories and get started with that healthy habit because really, eating bad is my downfall when it comes to wanting to lose weight. The app is free so it's perfect and once you get it, find me! Meremannier is my username. I'd love to have the accountability!

Caroline G Shop Necklaces

I am obsessed with these Bubble Necklaces. I was reading a blog one day and the girl mentioned wanting a bubble statement necklace from J. Crew. I loved the look and went to the website...yeah, they were $180. I thought, nope, no way will I ever get that. I then ran across Caroline G. Shop and I've loved every necklace I've got and the prices are perfect! I have the one pictured above (grey), I have black and coral and then I have a white three stone and a mint three stone. These necklaces are great for dressing up any outfit. I'm not a huge jewelry fan but I love having these necklaces. She has other colors, other necklace types and earrings and even hair accessories. You have to check her out, she's got amazing things! I'm fairly certain she makes them all herself and she is always sending out Facebook deals so you should grab those up whenever you can. She's also really great with customer service. I've never had an issue with delivery or ordering and when you have a question she is quick to reply. Check her out at www.carolinegshop.com and find her on Facebook too! You won't regret having one of these necklaces or six!

So there ya have it...just some items I'm loving at the moment. I'm sure there are more but I won't overwhelm you all today. I will save it for next month's favorites blog.

*I was not compensated in any way by any of these companies and these are solely my opinions. I just love these products and hope you will too!








No comments:

Post a Comment