Monday, November 11, 2013

Chocolate Chip Muesli Cookie Recipe

My birthday was on Friday and I am not a big cake fan...I know I'm crazy but I don't like all the icing. I went to the store and thought about making brownies because I wanted something with chocolate and then I came across this stuff:

                         

It has a chocolate chip cookie recipe on it and it's healthy! Win win! I thought I would share it with you because they were really tasty cookies.

Ingredients:
1 cup muesli
3/4 cup sifted whole wheat flour
2/3 cup applesauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
6 oz. package chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg

Directions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside. Blend applesauce, sugar and vanilla together. Beat in egg. Add flour mixture and mix. Stir in muesli and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoons on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

                                     

They do expand a little but for the most part they are a flat cookie, they may rise a little but don't think you've done them wrong if isn't much. I promise they are still so yummy because of all the stuff in the muesli and the chocolate chips. I have all the stuff now and I plan on making these a lot. 

Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment